vineri, 1 iulie 2011

Adaptedness

Sursa
1. Adaptation is the evolutionary process whereby an organism becomes better able to live in its habitat or habitats.[1]


2. Adaptedness is the state of being adapted: the degree to which an organism is able to live and reproduce in a given set of habitats.[2]

3. An adaptive trait is an aspect of the developmental pattern of the organism which enables or enhances the probability of that organism surviving and reproducing. [3]
 
The organism would be me, the new habitat is the United States of America in general, Jackson Hole in particular.
So, the first week was the hardest, because everything was new and we had to pay attention to everything...
Time change - I didn't feel anything weird like the girls did (I'm staying with 3 other romanian girls), I wasn't sleepy at inappropriate hours;
Altitude change - (totally different thing) I woke up every day with my nostrils dry and with dry blood in them (sorry for the details), a short fast walk or a sprint would rapidly take my breath;
Weather - COLD!!! When we got here, it was the spring time end, so the temperature was around 60 degrees Fahrenheit (adică în jur de 15 grade Celsius), it rained every day and we were just NOT prepared for this kind of weather!
The language - My english is good, so I had no problem, but...it was weird to hear and speak english round the clock.
The food - way worst than romanian food! The vegetables have no taste (exactly like the Carrefour ones in Ro) - and I only ate organic!!!, cause is a organic freak area - all the convenience food has sugar in it - even the bread is sweet!!! (and it was a whole wheat bread - aka healthy bread) I didn't see any "no preservatives" food in the whole town (that bread stayed "fresh" 2 whole weeks!!! and it probably satyed more if I hadn't finished it yet...). The whole wheat pasta is different than the romanian one, even thow I used the same brand (Barila) - it's braekble even after boiling and is not as satiate as the romanian ones...
The apartment - is very nice, 2 bedrooms and a living room, 2 baths and a fully equipped kitchen, all with central heathing.The best part? (As always...) The balcony!!! I have a beautiful view and not so many neighbours - what more could I ask for ? (ok, a pool, but let's not exaggerate...)
Last, but not least - the town and the people: the town is beautiful, just outside the Grand Teton National Park and close to the Yellowstone National Park, is surrounded by mountains and hills (I have a big hill just in front of my appartment building - I see everyday people hicking it ). People are so nice, friendly and welcoming...is such a big difference from romanian people...We were a bit paranoid by this friendliness the first week, but we got used to it now.

Now (after 3 weeks), no time changes problems, the weather is great - no more rain, 75 degrees F (20 si ceva C) - not too hot, not too cold - just perfect!, still not used to english round the clock, I love the cookies (I hope you won't see this "love" after 4 months of USA), we brought in the other half of the sofa (we couldn't do it  by ourselves, so half of it stayed for a week on the hallway ), I learned the Town Shuttle's route and I met a few americans.

Tomorrow - searching for a second job. (Wish me luck!)

As usual, a new song:
Maroon 5 - Never Gonna Leave This Bed

Asculta mai multe audio pop

2 comentarii:

Anonim spunea...

astept sa vad cum decurge experienta americana. sunt foarte curios. sper sa iti merge bine. sunt sigur ca te vei adapta, daca nu ai facut-o deja. toate cele bune si sanatate !

Dana spunea...

Si eu sunt foarte curioasa cum va decurge experienta mea americana :)) Da, deja m-am adaptat, imi merge foarte bine - mi-am gasit un al doilea job foarte fain, mi-am facut prieteni, am avut parte si de primele peripetii... Imi mai trebuie doar un pic de timp sa ma pot bucura de toate, dar la mine timpul e intotdeauna un laitmotiv...asa ca...Happy, happy, joy, joy!

Trimiteți un comentariu